The project “ SUSREG - empowering sustainable urban planning” (SUSREG) has 17 project partners from 6 countries. This project is co-funded by the Intelligent Energy Europe Programme of the European Union.
The objectives of SUSREG are:
- stimulating the use of sustainable energy resources and energy efficient methods in urban and regional planning processes,
- improving attitudes towards and knowledge and skills about sustainable energy among professional planners at regional authorities, local organisations and national associations.
For this purpose SUSREG follows a three stage approach:
1. Description of good planning examples, practical planning tools and a structured process approach
2. Knowledge transfer and on-the-job training of planners in the regional organisations
3. Capacity building among associations of professional planners
The results from the case studies elaborated in stage 2 and the practical experiences from regional planners in the Consortium are used in stage 3 as a solid practical basis. Theoretical concepts and tools offered in the trainings are derived from the work in stage 1, but with improvements collected from stage 2 experiences. The stage 3 trainings are organized by ISOCARP, the International Society of City And Regional Planners, in collaboration with the respective national associations. Training providers are the national knowledge partners of the SUSREG consortium, along with staff from regional authorities within SUSREG.
For more information please visit www.susreg.eu.